It is called as Peripheral neuropathy, a result of damage to your peripheral nerves, usually causes weakness, numbness and pain, occurs in your hands and feet. It can also affect other areas of your body. It refers to the condition that result when nerves that carry messages to and from the brain and spinal cord from and to the rest of the body are damaged or diseased. Dr. Naveen Kumar Venigalla is best neuro physician in Vijayawada and provides Neuropathy treatment in Vijayawada. He has special interests which includes neurological conditions facing human and integrative medicine, including a certification in acupuncture. Dr. Naveen Kumar Venigalla specialised neuro Physician he is the best neurologist in vijayawada.
Symptoms of neuropathy are :
- Temporary or permanent numbness.
- A tingling, prickling, or burning sensation.
- Increased sensitivity to touch
- Muscle weakness.
- paralysis; dysfunction in organs or glands and
- Impairment to urination and sexual function.
Treatment of Neuropathy
Treatment include :
- Pain relievers: Over-the-counter pain medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, can relieve mild symptoms. Your doctor might prescribe painkillers for more-severe symptoms and also provides the best treatments for back pains.
- Anti-seizure medications: Medications such as gabapentin (Gralise, Neurontin) and pregabalin (Lyrica), developed to treat epilepsy, may release nerve pain. It may have side effects that can include drowsiness and dizziness.
- Topical treatments: Capsaicin cream, which contains a substance found in hot peppers, can cause modest improvements in peripheral neuropathy symptoms and which may also leads to other neuro disorders and then its time to find the best Meningitis Treatment in vijayawada. You might have skin burning and irritation where you apply the cream, but this lessens over time. Some people, however, can't tolerate it.
- Antidepressants: Tricyclic antidepressants, such as amitriptyline, doxepin and nortriptyline (Pamelor), have been found to help relieve pain by interfering with chemical processes in your brain and spinal cord that cause you to feel pain.